Friday, October 7, 2011

I have so much to say

I don’t even know where to begin. I have so much to say and I have just been too busy to blog. I have been reading everyone’s posts but for some reason I am having trouble commenting while at work.

I have gone to see the perinatologist and reviewed my history with him. I absolutely loved the peri we met with. He took the time and really seemed to care about us and everything that has happened. The long story short is that he recommended thawing our four frozen blasts to test them for chromosomal issues. He thinks there might have been a chromosomal issue with the placenta and possibly Gavin that caused everything. No one knows for sure but his reasoning was sound and it’s a possibility. The peri called my RE and they chatted about my case for a while. Now the issue is do I want to test my frozen embryos? Typically the RE does the PDG testing on fresh three day embryos not frozen 5 day blasts. So in talking with my RE he is going to put together a plan and a cost for this testing. It’s possible to test 5 day frozen blasts but there is no laser or anyone qualified in AZ to do this so they would either have to fly the equipment and expert to Phoenix to do this or ship my embryos to Colorado or Stanford. If they ship them for testing the RE that does the test might want me to fly to their office to do the transfer(s). This is all sounding very expensive. I also worry if the embryos will survive the thaw, test, freeze, rethaw and transfer. Does it matter losing a cell or two at the five day blast stage? Should I not worry about testing the embryos and hope for the best? What if we do this testing and all four have issues and then I am back to square one? I have so many questions and fears. I guess I will wait to hear from my RE with his suggestions and plan.

On a side note I had my sono mock done and my RE checked my uterus for scarring. Everything checked out A ok! Depending on testing of the embryos and how long it takes I am hoping to do my next FET in December.

We are heading out on our consolation trip to NYC on Thursday. I have such mixed feelings about the trip. I am very excited to go to the greatest city in the US for a week and not think about real life but at the same time I keep thinking that I should be having a baby October 17th not going out to a nice dinner. I hope I am able to clear my thoughts and enjoy this time with hubby.

Oh and one more thing….September was our 5 year TTC anniversary. Such a sucky milestone.

Back to work…I have 8 million things to do before we leave!


  1. Hope you have a good trip to NY and I understand how hard it will be knowing what should have been.

  2. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as possible. I'll be thinking about you and sending you lots of love - especially on the 17th.

  3. Thanks for the update that sounds like a really hard decision to make. I hope you enjoy your trip to new york!!

  4. I hope you are able to enjoy your trip, and I'm so glad that you liked the perinatologist. It's great that you have options for testing your frozen embryos (albeit expensive). We're waiting to see how many of ours survived to Day 5 to biopsy for CCS testing. There certainly is a peace of mind that comes with transferring "normal" embryos.

  5. I hope you enjoy your New York trip! I'll be thinking about you on the 17th.

    Good luck with the decision about the frozen embryos. It's so hard to choose between trying to have the most information and hoping things will work out.

  6. what a tough decision to make. i hope that you're able to come to a decision that you and your DH both feel good about and that everything goes smoothly. good luck! i'll be thinking of you!



Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary