Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I win! I win!

Holy Crap…My Very First Award…Versatile Blogger Award: You Like Me! You REALLY Like Me!



The fabulous and brilliant Jay of “The Two Week Wait” (http://the2weekwait.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award-you-like-me-you.html)has honored me and my blog with the Versatile Blogger Award!

You like me… you really like me!

As I understand it, this is how the award works in three steps…

ONE: Thank the person who gave you the award:

Thank you very, very much Jay I’m incredibly honored and a little shocked. Thanks for sharing your story with us!

TWO: Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know.

SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME MY READERS MAY NOT KNOW:

1. My work pays me way too much for what I do…I got very lucky with my job. Great benefits and everything – they even cover some of my IF treatments.

2. I am shocked to win any kind of writing award. I am a Math person not English so thank you for sticking with me while I vent, even if it reads like a third grader wrote it. I love bogging and so happy that I started.

3. I used to dislike dogs – I thought they were smelly and dirty. Then we got our puppies and now I couldn’t imagine life without them. I even let them sleep in bed with us!

4. I am a closet smoker! Yes – I know I need to totally quit. I don’t smoke during procedure months. But since we are on a break I have indulged a bit…there is nothing like a cold beer and a cigarette. I will stop…I promise.

5. I worry that I will not be a good mom. I have had lots of practice with babies but some do annoy me a bit and that worries me

6. I have a very hard time making friends – especially with girls. They all tell me that their first impression with me was that I was a total B!tch. I think it’s because I am shy and they take that to mean I am giving them the cold shoulder.

7. I watch way too much TV…I am totally addicted to crappy shows like Real World Road Rules Challenges and Jersey Shore. JS was such a train wreck I just couldn’t help myself. I am also watching Big Brother and So You Think You Can Dance. My hubby and I always joke that we are now too old to be on any of these reality shows.

THREE: Pay it forward by nominating bloggers you’ve recently discovered:

I would like to bestow the Versatile Blogger Award upon the following:

1) Life Happens When You’re Making Other Plans (http://ngowhitcombfamily.blogspot.com/)

2) Slice of Pie (http://sliceofpietoday.blogspot.com/)

3) Where’s My Stork (http://wheresmystork.blogspot.com/)

4) Life As A Navy Wife & Everything Else (http://hcbishop.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-that-glitters.html)

5) and then there were three (http://jakemerfamily.blogspot.com/)


Thank you for reading and sticking with me!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love SYTYCD too! Who are you rooting for?? I figure we have gone through enough crap in our lives. We should indulge in the things that make us happy. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Alex bummer he is now gone. It's funny...I really like watching the All Stars! I guess I am hoping that Kent or Lauren win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way as you do about #5. Sometimes I even wonder if I'm going through all of this because someone upstairs knows I'm not going to be a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about #5 - before L I wasn't comfortable holding babies, being around babies, and a lot of times didn't particularly like other people's kids... but yet wanted a baby of my own... even now I don't like other people's kids and I can't say that I'm a good mom, but its definitely different when its your own. You will be a great mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award!! I love reading your blog. Thank you for passing the award on to me!

    I love the RW/RR challenge! I was sooo happy that Landon won the last one!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary